Friday, October 19, 2007

 

HC:AP moves on to summarizing phrase

HC:AP is supposed to be ending today, or more correctly, HC:AP comes to an end today.

Law Man Lok, Tsang Tak Ping, Stella Tang and Leung Mee Ping have their works installed. However, works by Tozer Pak , Lee Kit, Luke Ching, James Wong and May Fung have not. I hence apologized to AAA for this situation.

I thanks AAA for allowing this art project to have the rare fortune to emphasis on a "work in progress" execution. By "work in progress," I try to see it as an open-end exploration on the subject matter, which is perhaps a bit too demanding (/ not demanding enough) for most institutions.

I am ready to admit that I did not pushed hard to have all works installed in time. But in my opinion, the commitment of the artists to the project, should be directed towards what they have gained from / could contribute to the subject matter, not solely the physical piece of artwork within the time frame.

Actually, work by Tozer Pak has already been passed (emailed) to me some weeks ago. (I am still thinking and has been discussing with Tozer on how to best present it, for that is part of the task that Tozer tossed to me, and that I believe it could be in a non-physical form more adapt to the theme.)

After attending the roundtable, James Wong has also made up his mind too, on what to contribute and how, in our meeting last week. (The art work is meaningful to me (/ the project) particularly because it took the form of not being an artwork and will have its afterlife in AAA.)

Work by Lee Kit is constantly in progress, and he suggested that it might take him a whole year to really finish it. So should the artist rush to finish it or think of another idea instead? To me, it is really the same unfinished process as in the work of Tsang Tak Ping (just that Tsang revealed this process as performance in AAA).

Luke Ching has shifted from his original idea and has been now working on the new idea with the assisted help from AAA, and we are expecting report on his execution very soon. As for May Fung, I am still trying to devise something with her that could be able to approach the project meaningfully. Ofcourse, this could be an excuse, but even though I admit my trip away from Hong Kong affected the progress, I do however think our art today should really not just support but encourage a possibility for alternative ways in art production and reception.

Stay Tune for what is to follow.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?